Elastic e+ --> CH4 Collision Cross Sections
To read more about the Distributed Positron Model (DPM) in nonlinear
to reference the work) please see the following:
- F.A. Gianturco, T.L. Gibson, P. Nichols, R.R. Lucchese, and T. Nishimura,
"Modelling Dynamical Correlation Forces In Low-Energy Positron Scattering
From Polyatomic Gases: A Comparison for CH4," Radiat. Phys. Chem. 68,
Link to paper.
Preprint: [pdf] (217 KB).
Robert R. Lucchese, F. A. Gianturco, P. Nichols, and Thomas L. Gibson,
"A Test Calculation on SF6 of Model Potentials for Correlation and
Polarization Effects in Positron Scattering from Molecules," Chapter 25 in
New Directions in Antimatter Physics and Chemistry, edited by
Clifford M. Surko and Franco A. Gianturco (Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, 2001). Preprint:
[gzipped ps] (494 KB);
[zipped ps] (494 KB); [pdf] (700 KB).
The experimental work shown in the figure above may be found in the
- O. Sueoka and S. Mori, J. Phys. B 19, 4035 (1986).
- M.S. Dababneh, Y.-F. Hsieh, W.E. Kauppila, C.K. Kwan, S.J. Smith, T.S.
Stein, and M.N. Uddin, Phys. Rev. A 38, 1207 (1988).
- M. Charlton, T.C. Griffith, G.R. Heyland, and G.L. Wright,J. Phys.
B 16, 323 (1983).
The theoretical work shown in the figure above may be found in the following
- PCOP: A. Jain and F.A. Gianturco, J. Phys.
B 24, 2387 (1991).
- SMC: J.S.E. Germano and M.A.P. Lima, Phys. Rev.
A 47, 3976 (1993).
This page designed and maintained by t.l. gibson
Page Last Modified August 30, 2004
<< Return to Gibson Home Page