Some results for low-energy positron collisions with the cubane molecule:
- Figure of the cubane (C8H8) molecule
- Figure of the positron cubane (C8H8) DPM Correlation Polarization Potential
- Figure comparing the DPM and DFT Correlation Polarization Potential
along the C-H axis
- Figure of positron cubane (C8H8) scattering results:Integrated Cross Sections and eigenphase sums
- Table of positron cubane (C8H8) Integrated Cross Sections and Eigenphase
- Table of positron cubane (C8H8) DPM Correlation Polarization Potential
- Table of positron cubane (C8H8) C-H axis Correlation Polarization Potential
The Paper Chase
If you are interested in obtaining more information about this topic, try
F.A. Gianturco, P. Nichols, T.L. Gibson, and R.R. Lucchese,
"Metastable Trapping of Low-Energy Positrons by Cubane: A Computational
Experiment," Phys. Rev. A 72, 032724 (2005).
F.A. Gianturco, T.L. Gibson, P. Nichols, R.R. Lucchese, and T. Nishimura,
"Modelling Dynamical Correlation Forces In Low-Energy Positron Scattering
From Polyatomic Gases: A Comparison for CH4," Radiat. Phys. Chem. 68,
673-680 (2003). [Link].
Preprint: [pdf] (217 KB).
- Book Chapter:
Robert R. Lucchese, F. A. Gianturco, P. Nichols, and Thomas L. Gibson,
"A Test Calculation on SF6 of Model Potentials for Correlation and
Polarization Effects in Positron Scattering from Molecules," Chapter 25 in
New Directions in Antimatter Physics and Chemistry, edited by
Clifford M. Surko and Franco A. Gianturco (Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, 2001). Preprint:
[gzipped ps] (494 KB);
[zipped ps] (494 KB); [pdf] (700 KB).
Thomas L. Gibson, "Low-Energy Positron-H2 Collisions in the
Distributed Positron Model," J. Phys. B 25, 1321-1336 (1992).
Thomas L. Gibson, "A Modified Adiabatic Approach to Positron-Atom and
Positron-Molecule Polarization Potentials: Application to Positron-He
Scattering," J. Phys. B 23, 767-776 (1990).
Brian K. Elza, Thomas L. Gibson, Michael A. Morrison, and Bidhan C. Saha,
"Non-Adiabaticity and Other Aspects of Polarisation in Positron-Molecule
Scattering," J. Phys. B 22, 113-130 (1989).
Michael A. Morrison, Thomas L. Gibson, and David Austin,
"Polarization Potentials for Positron-Molecule Collisions:
Positron-H2 Scattering," J. Phys. B 17, 2725-2745
This page designed and maintained by t.l. gibson
Page Last Modified April 9, 2007
<< Return to Gibson Home Page