Physics Education Research News
- Dr. Thacker appointed to American Physical Society (APS) Committee on Education (COE).
- Dr. Thacker invited (and accepted) to participate in a PER-SOLO panel discussion at the national American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT) meeting July 25 - 29, 2015, College Park Maryland. Discussion is for faculty working without the support of a group at their institution.
- Dr. Thacker presenting physics large-scale assessment data at "Major Large-Scale Assessment of TTU Physics: Results from Conceptual Inventories and Free-response Pre-/Post-testing," presentation, STEM-CORE seminar, TLPDC 153, Wednesday, March 25, 11am.
- PER seminar started, meets each week Thursday, 12:30pm in SC 118.
- Dave Pattillo is working on assessment of critical thinking.
- Charles Ramey is working on developing the PHYS 2402 Modern physics labs.
- Kevin Nguyen is working on coding free-response and interview data from the large-scale assessment grant.
- Inna Khomenko working on analysis of free-response pre- and post-tests.