I am long wanted to do a mosiac of the Moon using images take at high magnification. On June 13, 2008, I had a little free time before starting my asteroid work, so I decided to make one. The STL-1001E CCD with its 24 micron pixels, was not the ideal for high resolution, but with its large chip, would require fewer images to completely cover the Moon. To further reduce the number of images required, I did not use a barlow. Even so, this image is a compilation of 330 individual images that took more then 90 minutes to aquire! (And a LOT longer to process and stitch together!!!!)
The image above is a much reduced version. To see the original, click here.