NOTE: Application deadline for Fall admission - February 1
Application deadline for Spring admission - October 1
Late applications will be considered if some available support remains uncommitted.
1) Fill out the on-line "Application for graduate admission and assistantship", or print it out, fill it out, and mail it to: Graduate Recruiter, Texas Tech University, Department of Physics, P. O. Box 41051, Lubbock, TX 79409. This is our departmental application....make sure that you give us full information about how we can contact you, and specify which program or programs you are interested in.
2) Send, to the Department at the address above, an unofficial copy of your transcripts, test scores, and two letters of recommendation. These must be sent directly to us so that we get them promptly, without relying on the Graduate School.
3) Apply to the graduate school. At http://www.depts.ttu.edu/gradschool/, you may apply on-line or download the appropriate forms. If you need them mailed for some reason, let us know and we will arrange it. You must fill out both the departmental and Graduate School forms. The Graduate School charges a $50 application fee for domestic applicants, $60 for international applicants.
4) The Department can consider your application as soon as we have the letters, transcript, and test scores, but we cannot formally accept you or offer support until you have paid your fee and been accepted by the Graduate School. So pay your fee. The Graduate School sends us nothing until this is done.
5) The application deadline for Fall admission is February 1, but we will consider late applications if support is still available.
6) We will contact you regarding acceptance and support offers as soon as possible after we have enough information. If you want an update of the status of your application, contact the Graduate Recruiter, Prof. W. L. Glab, at email@example.com, (806) 742-3776.
Download and print this handy checklist.....
Last updated 09/05/07 14:49 - W. L. Glab