- Physics 5335 (Physics of Semiconductors), Lectures
- COPYRIGHT: All lectures are
copyrighted by C.W. Myles!
reproduction &/or use of them other than by students in this
course is allowed!
- Click Here to learn how to
reduce the # of pages when
printing a Power Point file.
for the Books BW = Semiconductor Physics &
Balkanski & Wallis
- YC = Fundamentals
of Semiconductors by Yu
& Cardona, S
Physics by Seeger
- A course related to this one is Phys 4309-5304 (Solid State Physics). For some related & overlapping topics in the two
- courses, lectures prepared for Phys 4309-5304 contain more details than those posted here. These lectures are Here.
- Exams, Homework, Semester
- 1. Introduction to Semiconductors Lectures
Ch. 1; YC, Chs. 1 & 2; S, Ch. 1) Note: More detailed treatments of crystal
- structures & reciprocal lattices are in lectures from Phys 4309-5304, Solid State Physics.
- These are Here. Crystal Structure lectures are Here. Reciprocal Lattice lectures are Here.
- 2. Electronic Bandstructures Lectures
Chs. 2 & 3; YC, Ch. 2; S, Ch. 2) Note: More detailed discussions of bandstructures
- & related topics are in lectures from Phys 4309-5304, Solid State Physics. These are Here.
- 3. Electronic Properties of Impurities &
Ch. 5; YC, Ch. 4)
- 4. Lattice Vibrations & Phonons Lectures
Ch. 7; YC, Ch. 3)
- 5. Electron & Hole Statistics Lectures
Ch. 6; S, Ch. 3)
- 6. Transport Properties Lectures
Chs. 4 & 8; YC, Ch. 5; S, Chs. 4-9)
- 7. Optical Properties Lectures
Chs. 10 & 11; YC, Chs. 6-8; S, Chs. 11-13)
- 8. Quantum Confinement Lectures
Chs. 15 - 18; YC, Ch. 9; S, Ch. 14)
- 9. Introduction to Some "Hot" Topics Lectures
different outside sources)
Physics 5335 Homepage
<< Charles W.