Solid State Physics (Physics 4309-5304) Lectures
Supplemental Material: History of Solid State Physics
Some Historical Topics of interest to me & perhaps to others
Note: I've posted original files which were originally posted by others.
Where possible, I've acknowledged the original author.
- Brief History of Solid
I: Albert Einstein: The Father of Solid State Physics!!
- by Manuel Cardona
article written in honor of the Year of Einstein - 1905]
II: Brief History of Solid
State Physics 1900-1980
- by C.K. Majumdar
[Indian Journal of History of Science, 27, 421 (1992)]
IV: Brief History & Overview of Solid
- by Michel van Veenendaal
- [From a Solid State Physics Course]
- Part V: Whatever Happened to Solid
- by John J. Hopfield
[Annual Reviews of Condensed Matter Physics, 5, 1 (2014).
- Part VI: History & Controversy over a Name!!
"What's in a Name Change?" by Joseph D. Martin
- [Physics in Perspective, 2014, DOI 10.1007/s00016-014-0151-7]
- "Solid State Physics" vs. "Condensed Matter Physics"
- Which is the better
& most appropriate name for this area of physics?
Physics 4309-5304 Lecture Page
<< Charles W.