- Physics 1404-001 (General Physics II) Lectures
- Topics in the book by Nicholas Giordano 2nd Edition
- Chapter 25: Wave Optics
- Note: These Lectures (Power Point) are are UNDERGOING CONSTRUCTION!!
is to post a lecture before we discuss a topic in class,
but I can't promise!
- COPYRIGHT: All lectures are
copyrighted by C.W. Myles!
reproduction &/or use of them other than by students in this
course is allowed!!
- Phys 2401 Lectures
- Chapter Summary: A File Provided by the Publisher!
- Part I: Introduction. Coherence & Conditions for Interference. Brief History:
- Wave & Particle Models of Light. Constructive & Destructive Interference.
- Huygen's Principle, Wave Diffraction.
- Part II: Detailed Treatment of Interference. Michelson Interferometer,
- Application to Gravitational Wave Detection & the LIGO Experiment.
- Constructive & Destructive Interferernce Conditions.
- Dark & Light Interference Fringes. Thin Film Interference.
- Anti-reflective Coatings.
- Part III: Interference & Diffraction through Narrow Slits. Single Slit Diffraction.
- Double Slit Interference. Huygen's Principle.
- Part IV: More on Double Slit Interference.
<< Physics 1404 Homepage
<< Charles W.