- Physics 1404-001 (General Physics II) Lectures
- Topics in the book by Nicholas Giordano 2nd Edition
- Chapter 22: Alternating Current Circuits & Machines
- Note: These Lectures (Power Point) are are UNDERGOING CONSTRUCTION!!
is to post a lecture before we discuss a topic in class,
but I can't promise!
- COPYRIGHT: All lectures are
copyrighted by C.W. Myles!
reproduction &/or use of them other than by students in this
course is allowed!!
- Phys 2401 Lectures
- Chapter Summary: A File Provided by the Publisher!
- Note: Due to time constraints, the material for this chapter will be discussed
- only briefly & in an overview fashion.
- Part I: Introduction & Terminology. "AC Circuit" Means That:
- Current & Voltage are Functions of Time. Sine or Cosine Functions are assumed.
- In the US, the oscillation frequency is ususally f = 60 Hz. Power in AC Circuits.
- Peak & mean square values of voltage, current & power. Circuit Analysis.
- AC Circuits with resistors. The math description of all of this is identical to that for a
- simple harmonic oscillator in Classical Mechanics.
- Part II: Inductance, EM Oscillations & AC Circuits
- Part III: AC Circuits Lecture File Accompanying the Textbook:
- Physics For Scientists & Engineers with Modern Physics,
Serway & J.W. Jewett (a Calculus Based Physics Book)
- Potentially Useful Lectures found on the Web:
- File 1: Power in AC Circuits.
- File 2: Frequency Characteristics of AC Circuits.
<< Physics 1404 Homepage
<< Charles W.