- Physics 1404-001 (General Physics II) Lectures
- Topics in the book by Nicholas Giordano 2nd Edition
- Chapter 21: Magnetic Induction
- Note: These Lectures (Power Point) are are UNDERGOING CONSTRUCTION!!
is to post a lecture before we discuss a topic in class,
but I can't promise!
- COPYRIGHT: All lectures are
copyrighted by C.W. Myles!
reproduction &/or use of them other than by students in this
course is allowed!!
- Phys 2401 Lectures
- Chapter Summary: A File Provided by the Publisher!
- Part I: Introduction, Brief History. Faraday's Experiments & Conclusions
- Faraday's Law of Induction: Changing Magnetic Flux Induces an EMF.
- Changing Magnetic Flux Induces an EMF. Electric Current is Induced in a
- in a Secondary Circuit when the Magnetic Flux from a Primary Circuit Changes.
Magnetic Flux = Magnetic Field X Area
- Induced EMF = Time Rate of Change of Magnetic Flux
- Lenz's Law: Induced Current Flows in a Direction so that it's Magnetic Field Produces
- a Flux to Oppose the Change in the Flux that Induced the Current to begin with.
- Part II: EMF Induced in a Moving Current Loop: "Motional EMF"
- Some Applications
- Part III: "Back EMF". Applications.
- Part IV: Ideal Inductors (Solenoids) as Circuit Elements.
- Inductors Store Electrical Energy.
- Part V: Analysis of Simple Circuits with Inductance.
- Potentially Useful Lectures found on the Web:
- File 1: Circuits with Inductance.
- File 2: Inductors and Inductance.
- File 3: Induction and Inductance I.
- File 4: Induction and Inductance II.
- File 6: Self & Mutual Inductance in Circuits.
<< Physics 1404 Homepage
<< Charles W.