- Physics 1403-001 (General Physics I) Lectures
- Topics in the book by Nicholas Giordano 2nd Edition
- Chapter 8 Rotational Motion
- Chapter 9 Energy & Momentum in Rotational Motion
- Note: Some Lectures (Power Point) are UNDER
is to post a lecture before we discuss a topic in class,
but I can't promise!
- COPYRIGHT: All lectures are
copyrighted by C.W. Myles!
reproduction &/or use of them other than by students in this
course is allowed!!
- Old Phys 1403 Lectures Phys 1408 Lectures
Chapter 8 Summary & Chapter 9 SummaryFiles Provided by the Publisher!
NOTE: I think that it is logical to treat Chapters 8 & 9 in the book as 2 parts of a single chapter rather than 2. So, these lectures have been organized that way.Rotational-Translational Analogues & Connections: Table
- Rotational Kinematics
- Part I: Rotational Variable Definitions, Analogies, Relationships:
- Angular Displacement, Angular Velocity, Angular Acceleration.
- Relationships: Velocity & Angular Velocity, Acceleration &
- Part II: Kinematic Equations for Constant Angular Acceleration:
- Part III: Dynamics Part I: Rotational Analogue of Force = Torque
- Part IV: Dynamics Part II: Rotational Analogue of Mass = Moment of Inertia
- Newton's 2nd Law for Rotational Motion
- Part V: Dynamics Part III: Rotational Kinetic Energy.
- Rolling Objects: Translational KE & Rotational KE at the Same Time!
- Part VI: Dynamics Part IV: Angular Momentum. Conservation of Angular Momentum
<< Physics 1403 Homepage
<< Charles W.