- Physics 1403-001 (General Physics I) Lectures
- Topics in the book by Nicholas Giordano 2nd Edition
- Chapter 7 Momentum, Impulse and Collisions
- Note: Some Lectures (Power Point) are UNDER
is to post a lecture before we discuss a topic in class,
but I can't promise!
- COPYRIGHT: All lectures are
copyrighted by C.W. Myles!
reproduction &/or use of them other than by students in this
course is allowed!!
- Old Phys 1403 Lectures Phys 1408 Lectures
- Part I: Momentum, Impulse, & Newton's 2nd Law:
- Momentum Definition. Newton's 2nd Law
- Impluse. "Impulse-Momentum Theorem" (= Newton's 2nd Law!).
- Average Force During Collision. Using Newton's
2nd & 3rd Laws
- to Derive Conservation of Momentum in
- Part II: Momentum Conservation, KE in Collisions:
- 1-Dimensional Head on Collisions. Inelastic Collisions
- Elastic Collisions & KE Conservation. Examples
- Supplement: Animated (with sound!) Presentation!
- Momentum & Collisions:
Animation (Full Screen!) works in
- "Slide Show" in the"View" Option
on Power Point Toolbar.
- The author is Dr. Michael Horton, who
also owns the COPYRIGHTto this file!
- Part III: Center of Mass: Definition of Center of Mass. Examples . .
<< Physics 1403 Homepage
<< Charles W.