- Physics 1403-001 (General Physics I) Lectures
- Topics in the book by Nicholas Giordano 2nd Edition
- Chapter 5 Circular Motion and Gravitation
- Note: Some Lectures (Power Point) are UNDER
is to post a lecture before we discuss a topic in class,
but I can't promise!
- COPYRIGHT: All lectures are
copyrighted by C.W. Myles!
reproduction &/or use of them other than by students in this
course is allowed!!
- Old Phys 1403 Lectures Phys 1408 Lectures
- Part I: Uniform Circular Motion A: Introduction.
Acceleration, Centripetal Forces.
- Newton's 2nd Law with Centripetal Forces. Examples
- Part II: Uniform Circular Motion B: Unbanked & Banked
- Highway Curves. Friction on Highway Curves. Examples
- Supplement I: Newton's Life & Accomplishments: Historical
- Summary by a
Non-Historian. Laws of Motion. Gravitation Law.
- Calculus, Alchemy, Biblical Studies, Newton's Personality
- Newton's Bad Treatment of Colleagues.
- Part III: Newton's Universal Gravitation Law A: Introduction.
History. Gravitation Force Law. G vs. g. g Near Earth.
- Altitude Dependence of
- Part IV: Newton's Universal Gravitation Law B: Satillites.
- "Weightlessness". Examples
- Supplement II: Newton's "Cannon" or Newton's "Mountain":
- Brief Discussion of Newton's Ideas for Putting Objects in Earth Orbit!
- Published in 1687 in his book "Principia Mathematica"!!
- Part V: Kepler's Laws & Planetary Motion: Kepler's Empirical
- Laws of Planetary Motion. A Brief Discussion.
<< Physics 1403 Homepage
<< Charles W.