- Physics 1403-001 (General Physics I) Lectures
- Topics in the book by Nicholas Giordano 2nd Edition
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Physics
- Note: Some Lectures (Power Point) are are UNDERGOING REVISIONS!!
is to post a lecture before we discuss a topic in class,
but I can't promise!
- COPYRIGHT: All lectures are
copyrighted by C.W. Myles!
reproduction &/or use of them other than by students in this
course is allowed!!
- Old Phys 1403 Lectures Phys 1408 Lectures
- Chapter Summary: A File Provided by the Publisher!
- Part I: Overiew of Physics: The Nature of Science
- The Purpose of Physics. Some Physics Sub-Areas, Models,
- Theories, Laws. Measurement & Uncertainty.
- Significant Figures, Problem Solving.
- Part II: SI (MKS) Units: Measurement Standards.
- Meters, Kilograms, Seconds. Power of 10 (Scientific) Notation.
- Basic & Derived Quantities. Converting Units.
- Dimensional Analysis. Order of Magnitude
- Estimates ("Fermi Problems").
<< Physics 1403 Homepage
<< Charles W.